Call for applications - Labex CAP
Eight post-doctoral contracts are open for the 2015-2016 competition
The PRES héSam "Creation, Art and Heritage" laboratory of excellence (Labex CAP) announces the competitive recruitment six to eight post-doctoral researchers for a period of one year.
The Labex CAP's methodological hypothesis consists in uniting teams from intitutions that conserve, communicate and exhibit heritage collections and funds with university research teams. Within the context of institutional and disciplinary decompartmentalisation, the selected corpus and research subjects relate to notions of creation and creative process, heritage and the process of heritage creation and the interaction between heritage and creation.
The multi-disciplinary jury, composed of members of the Council and the Labex Board, will select the ten most relevant and original research projects proposed in the context of a call for projects from scratch which nevertheless correspond to the general issues studied by the Labex CAP.
En effet, quatre plateformes à projet seront mises en place par le Labex CAP dès la rentrée 2015 :
- Platform 1 : Création, patrimoine et politique
Mots clés : dominations, conflits, destruction, reconstructions, transferts, champs et contre-champs, émotions patrimoniales, valeurs
- Platform : Représentations, transmission. Séries, copies, multiples
Mots clés : arts performés, enregistrements ; tirages, moulages, authenticité ; modèle économique de la copie
- Platform 3 : Numérique, art et archives : collaboration, outils et partage
Mots clés : création et archives numériques d’architecture, de cinéma, de littérature ; valeurs des sources : œuvres et archives d’artistes
- Platform 4 : Exposition et création : pratiques sociales et expériences du musée
Mots clés : instruments, récits, scénarios ; éclatement des frontières du musée ; réalité augmentée
Thesis submitted after 1st September 2010.
- Competition launch date: 2nd July 2015
Closing date for submission of applications: 2nd September 2015
Eligibility phase: 5th October 2015
Admission phase (auditions): 19th October 2015
Recruitment duration and position start date
- The contracts offered are for a duration of one year.
- The position is taken up from 2nd November 2015.
The complete application must be sent no later than 4.00 pm on 3rd September 2015 to the following address: labex.creations.patrimoines(at)gmail.com
In order to simplify the reception and processing of applications, please send all documents relating to your application in pdf format (Lastname_Firstname.pdf). Please optimise the size and resolution of your files. If possible, your whole application should not exceed 5 Mb, and at most 10 Mb.
The application consists of:
- the research project: title, desired host research unit(s) (one or preferably two Labex partner laboratories), a presentation of the project in French (10,000 characters maximum)
- a curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- PhD diploma
- the thesis submission report (if the thesis was submitted in France)
- cover letter
- a significant publication (pdf)
- at least two recommendation letters from researchers and people recognised in the arts and creative world
NB: Each application is evaluated by two experts external to the Labex Council and Board.
The Council and the Board sit as the jury during the eligibility and admission phases.
Obligations in terms of service and participation in the work of the laboratory
In addition to the research project for which they will be selected, the researchers will take part in the Labex's activities. They will spend two-fifths of their work time contributing to the organisation and execution of promotional activities such as workshops, encounters and study days and to enhancing communication media (website, presentation documents etc.) and to the life of the laboratory/host department. They will contribute to the organisation of the Labex monthly post-doctoral seminar.
Post-doctoral researchers will carry out their function in accordance with the European researcher charter.
- the candidate undertakes to produce a 40-page study (60,000 characters including spaces) relating to their research subject at the end of the contract. This study will be published in the Labex "Annals" (Sorbonne Publications, Paris).
- the candidate will organise, take part in and monitor Labex post-doctoral seminar sessions in order to present and jointly discuss their work.
The recruitment takes place in the form of a fixed term contract. The candidate will receive a monthly net remuneration exclusive of any additional remuneration on the basis of a full time position of 2361.45 €.
The contracts proposed are intended for young researchers. Candidates must hold a PhD diploma and must be able to demonstrate completed work in the research field.
The criteria taken into account by the selection committee are:
- The scientific quality of the project, its originality, its appropriateness in terms of its themes, the Heritage programme or the general themes examined by Labex (see above)
- The profile and suitability of the candidate (scientific skills, experience in the research field, publications)
- The international character of the research (study visits, publications, linguistic skills)
- The relevance of the requested placement(s)